Ons gaan nou braai
• Venison Loin
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 tsp Robertsons Rosemary
• Robertsons Black Pepper
• Robertsons Salt
1. Marinade the loin in the olive oil and Robertsons rosemary for 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Heat a griddle pan over high heat.
3. Brush of most of the rosemary from the loin.
4. Grind Robertsons black pepper over the loin.
5. Fry in griddle pan until medium rare,
6. Rest for 5 to 10 minutes
7. Slice into medallions
8. Grind Robertsons salt over the meat.
Sweet Potato Fritters
• 500g steamed and mashed sweet potato
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 Tbsp flour
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp Robertsons Cinnamon
• ¼ tsp Robertsons Salt
• Oil for deep frying
1. Heat oil to medium heat
2. Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, together and blend well.
3. Dish heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
4. Remove from oil and drain on kitchen towel
Sweetcorn and Rooibos Puree
• 1 cup cooked Sweetcorn
• ¼ cup strong Rooibos tea
• ½ tsp Robersons Sweet Basil
• ½ tsp Robertsons Salt
• 1 heaped Tbsp cream cheese
1. Add all the ingredients together and blend as finely as possible.
2. Push the puree through a fine sieve to end up with a fine puree
3. Serve with the venison loin.